Open call: BUDA is looking for a creative team (rebranding, web development, graphic design)
Two fantastic designers have determined BUDA's style over the past ten years. It is playful, inventive and recognisable. But times change, and BUDA transforms with them. Time for something new. Time for the future. In one year from now, we want a new corporate identity and website.
Arts centre BUDA is...
… an arthouse cinema with daily programming of quality non-commercial films in three theatres. Besides a lot of new releases, we organise a lot of specials and series (cineMÁS, Classics Restored, cineMAATjes, Spinrag, Silvester Night, ...) and we develop programmes for people in vulnerable positions.
... a presentation platform that shows artists' projects through various festivals (including the international NEXT festival) and creates encounters and exchanges between different practices and research areas for a mix of professionals, enthusiasts and diverse audiences.
... a vibrant workspace (one of the largest in Flanders) for national and international artists, connected to both a local and international network, ready to experiment and transform themselves according to the needs of the artists and with attention to fair practices. We want to create the best conditions for the emergence of new forms and the sharing of sensitive and critical knowledge within the arts and in collaboration with other sectors.
Arts centre BUDA is looking for...
A graphic team with the necessary experience in creating and applying a visual identity for printed matter and digital media, which can shape the various operations of BUDA within a recognisable style. A team that is involved in our operations, understands our vision and mission, thinks along with us, and designs in function of our target audiences.
As a graphic designer, you are responsible for the layout of BUDA's new visual identity. You design a new logo and help determine the look and feel of a new website and digital newsletter. You continuously design a monthly film programme, festival programme, posters, flyers, advertisements... You create a style guide for the use of font, colour palette and everything that’s typical of the corporate identity, so that we can apply it ourselves.
As web designer/programmer you are responsible for setting up, expanding and maintaining a new dynamic and responsive website. You think along with us about the needs of our website and implement it in a user-friendly and clear way for our visitors.
- You have experience with similar cultural projects
- You are flexible and like to take the initiative yourself
- You respect deadlines
- You speak and write Dutch and English fluently and you have a good basic knowledge of French
- You have an affinity with film and contemporary performing arts.
- As a graphic designer, you have a thorough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Acrobat, Premiere Pro, etc....
- You have a feeling for design (offline and online), typography, photography and videography.
- You can easily convert your designs into video content suitable for social media and film trailers.
- You have knowledge of production techniques and prepress.
- You think along with us about UX/UI design
- You have no problem to perfectly integrate tools such as a ticket system (Z-tickets) and planning software (yesplan) into a website.
- You create a user-friendly website. Making simple adjustments, adding/adjusting content, layout changes, can all be done by our staff.
Please send it to us by 1 November 2020 at the latest:
- A presentation of the team: CV, portfolio, achievements, ...
- A mood board in which you give us an idea of the direction the new BUDA style can take.
- A practical proposal of how your team will collaborate internally and with us.
Feel free to let us know quickly if you intend to submit a proposal.
In the week of 9 November 2020, we foresee several extensive talks with those selected.
Marlies Coopman - Head of communication
056/22 10 01 – 0496/65 39 68