job offer: artistic leader (m/f/x)
The BUDA arts centre in Kortrijk welcomes over 200 artists each year in 75 residencies, organizes three performing arts festivals and has a daily arthouse film operation. We are looking to expand our team with an
ARTISTIC LEADER (m / f / x)
(full-time; individual, duo or collective)
- Together with the team, you develop and realize an artistic vision for the coming years, you promote it and are able to raise the enthusiasm of artists, public and partners alike;
- You work closely with artists (dialogue, guidance, support), with the cultural actors in the city, in the Eurometropolis Lille - Kortrijk - Tournai, in the region and with an extensive network of European partners;
- You develop an artistic operation that is locally anchored while able to attract national interest, with an international image.
- In addition to managerial skills, you have an artistic vision and a broad knowledge of both the Flemish and international arts landscape;
- You can translate this artistic vision into a discerning and relevant programming and concrete action plans;
- You manage to realize this vision in close collaboration with the existing team, infrastructure and budgets;
- You are convinced of the need to explore various social challenges through the arts and in connection with other sectors such as education and the economy, and to develop a vision and concrete projects or experiments in this regard;
- You are willing to travel often, but you also find it important to be present in Kortrijk;
- You are passionate, critical, flexible, social and multilingual.
An enthusiastic team, a challenging environment and a wage according to sector levels.
Mail your application letter and résumé before April 30, 2019 to email@example.com.
Equal opportunities are important for the BUDA Arts Centre. At BUDA, people's qualities are decisive regardless of gender, origin, age or disability.