apap: Advancing Performing Arts Project
The apap-network has been established in 2000, since then implementing several programmes with the support of the EU Cultural programs successfully.
The current project, apap-performing Europe 2020, is proudly supported by “Creative Europe" a Programme of the European Union” and it is implemented throughout a four-years period (2016 – 2020).
apap – performing Europe 2020 is dedicated to strengthen contemporary dance and performing arts in Europe and abroad, including a special „Satellite“-project with “Maqamat/Beit El Raqs” in Lebanon, as well as a strong focus on enlarging audiences and a knowledge-transfer between cultural organisations.
What we do:
- apap artists get free access to our apap Production Studio in Berlin with free accomodation and performance opportunities
- apap partner are committed to present the network artists which offers them predictability and international exposure
- apap works strategically to develop new audiences by sharing knowledge and tools for community outreach. Through our tailored „ABC“- project we offer expert advice and strategies to expand the exposure of contemporary performing arts by connecting Performing Arts institutions and creatives, the apap network
- generates a platform for exchange of knowledge, experiences and ideas
- by collaborating with Maqamat/Beit El Raqs we work to strengthen our ties to the Middle East